JAIME H. MEMBRENO, M.D., F.A.C.S.
He has been an investigator at benchmark national trials, and has given numerous scientific and medical presentations at national and international meetings including the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American Society of Retina Specialists. In addition, he is published in prestigious medical journals such as Ophthalmology, Retina Journal and the American Journal of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Membreno’s medical and surgical expertise includes Diabetic Retinopathy, Macular Degeneration, Retina Detachments, Intraocular Vascular and Inflammatory diseases. He is available for consultation at Retina Macula Specialists.
Dr. Membreno‘s patient centered care and higher standards are reflected in his clinical practice. He is a leader in Florida’s ophthalmology and surgical community. He is former president of the Florida Society of Ophthalmology and the Florida Chapter of the American College of Surgeons.
- Bachelor of Arts & Sciences, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Doctor of Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Resident of Ophthalmology, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Fellow of Retina and Vitreous Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Diplomate
- American College of Surgeons – Board of Governors
Professional and Academic Experience
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, University of Central Florida, School of Medicine, Orlando, Florida
- Former Instructor of Ophthalmology, Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, New Haven, Connecticut
- Assistant Adjunct Professor, University of South Florida, School of Medicine, Tampa, Florida
- Major, United States Air Force Reserve
- American Society of Retina Specialists, Member
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Fellow
- Florida Society of Ophthalmology, Member, Past President
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow and Governor
- American College of Surgeons, Past President, Florida Chapter
- Foundation for Eye Care, Secretary
- Pan American Medical Association, Board Member
- Florida Medical Association, Leadership Academy Diplomate
Dr. Membreno lives in Orlando with his wife and three sons. He has served in the United States Armed Forces, and enjoys automotive sports and family activities.